The voices of celebrities are hard to escape. Film, television, and musical stars can be heard where you least expect them!
Here are just a few examples of celebrity voices:
The popular children’s show Thomas and Friends has been voiced by celebrities for many years:
- Ringo Starr provided the voice of Mr. Conductor from 1985-1991
- George Carlin narrated the show and voiced Mr Conductor from 1991-1998 in North America
- UK narrator Michael Angelis voiced these roles in Great Britain
- Alec Baldwin joined the company (1998-2003) providing narration, character voices, and even starring in a full-length motion picture.
- Michael Brandon, a native of Brooklyn, New York, is the current US narrator (2004 to present).
Why, it’s Kiefer Sutherland, of course! You’ll be impressed by his list of voice over credits. Who knew?
You thought movie stars had it easy before? Wait until you read this article – their perks when they voice act are amazing. They hardly have to prepare as they might for a regular acting role, they can record VO in their PJs, and the pay? Still great.
Well, it seems you don’t even need to be an actor to be a celebrity voice actor. It’s true – Warren Buffett has provided candid VO narration for a new children’s video series called “The Secret Millionaire’s Club,” aimed at teaching kids about money and finance.
Canadians will know who Frank and Gordon are – they’re the beaver mascots of telephone provider Bell Canada. You may have already recognized their voices – Rick Mercer and Norm MacDonald!